Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Leaving Home :(

Today's the day I have officially left home to live off on my own. I always thought it was going to be the best feeling ever. When I can keep my parents at a "safe" distance away and still do everything I want to do, but it's not all it's cracked up to be....yet. It feels like a vacation and I keep thinking that I'm going to turn around and go home this weekend....or at least sometime soon. But I have to keep telling myself that I'm out here for 3 and a half months! It sounds like a long time but I'm sure once I get into the swing of things, things will be a little easier. Everything's alright right now but I know soon I'm gonna start getting homesick :( Well I had to do that sooner or later right? But I'm lucky enough to have a ton of friends out here with me that can hopefully make transition a bit easier for me :) I can't wait for everything to start and just start experiencing things. It's funny how my whole life I've just wanted to be independent and go off on my own and it's just the last few days at home where I just don't think I'm ready to live on my own! Well there's no turning back now!!!! So well see how everything plays out. As for today, Jessica and I got on a plane this morning, woke up at 5 am and got to the airport around 6:30 after getting some yummy breakfast at McDonald's. After a 3 and a half hour flight to Las Vegas we took a connecting flight to Salt Lake City where a friend picked us up and took us to Provo to stay with Jessi and Dustin. I feel so blessed to have good friends out here that are willing to do so much for me and I appreciate them very much :) If it weren't for them and hanging out with Kristi too, I think I wouldn't be handling it as well. Well the excitement rolls onto tomorrow and we'll see what it has in store for me :) Until then, Adios from Provo, Utah!

No comments: