Monday, July 14, 2008

21 years...

Today was a pretty good day. I got to sleep in late for the first time in days....hard....i know and mom was at work all day which meant.....do whatever you want all day!! YAY!!!! Well tonight my mom had asked my dad to bring home some bread for dinner and when he got home....he brought A CAKE!!!! We were all like.....what??? haha...thats nice....but its not bread and Jonathan's 9th birthday isnt for another 2 days. So as you can imagine...we were all stumped. Then he goes to the cupboard and takes out decorations for cake and take the number 2 and 1 out...Jonathan asked....whose turning 12? but my dad puts the number 21 on the cake and he goes...do you know whose turning 21 today? haha my siblings and i were like....ummmm? someone.....but not in this family!!! turns out....we were wrong. We had all forgotten about my older sister Maggie who died when she was born exactly 21 years ago today (well...kinda yesterday). It was cute we put her cake on the table while we ate dinner and then we sang happy birthday to her. We dont usually do this for her birthday but it was really nice and brought back some good memories of when we were little. A lot of times in the mornings on Saturdays my dad, me and Mandy would go out for a bike ride in our little town of Colonia, NJ. I can imagine we looked like little ducklings following our daddy and we would ride our bikes to my sisters cemetery to go visit her and bring her some flowers (that we found around the cemetery :D ) and then we would have water fights with the water bottles we brought with us and there was also a water picket nearby that we used.....good times. This weekend has just brought back some memories. I couldn't have had a better weekend with the family. Friday night I worked....I've actually been working A LOT lately....about 30 hours last week itself and i was getting tired. Friday night we had a little one year old stuck in a shelf that had a sliding door and the door got jammed. Two other workers were trying frantically to get him out but i walked over there with a baby in my arms, gave him to someone else and just hit the door with all i had. almost knocking over the tv that was on it. I finally got him free...it was pretty scary cause he couldve suffocated. Thanks goodness....and then that night i went to kristi's for a while and we made a random trip to walmart....came home and then played some Rockband!!!well Saturday was nice too. My siblings and i and my dad spent the day outside working on the yard and such....i got yet ANOTHER tan line....ridiculous :) and then we had a water fight with the hose....believe it or not...my dad started it. hahahaha i think the funniest part was when i was using the riding lawn mower in the backyard. i was trying to mow as much as i could and started getting to the steep part of the hill that went down to the lake. well the tractor thing wouldnt move as i put it in reverse and so i thought maybe i could drive it to the neighbors yard and turn around to get back to ours.....well that went south....literally...the tractor started to go down the hill......by itself!!!!! i was sooooo scared!!!! and i thought either it was gonna flip and i was gonna get hurt or i was gonna go in the lake. so with a bit of quick thinking i put it in neutral and turned the stupid thing off....it kept going and i was prepared to jump off. i didnt pay attention to much else around me but ive been told that my siblings wouldnt have even know i went down there until my dad started yelling and waving his arms saying...DONT GO DOWN THERE!!! hahaha....yeah i was stuck down there and there wasnt much i could do to get up. my dad came down to try to ride it through the neigbors yard and came back...nothing. next thing we know my dads mowing the neighbors yard and we were like...what is he doing?? hahah the grass was too tall for him to see so he figured he'd mow their yard so he could see better.....end of story.....he rode the thing back up the same hill at super speed...HAHAHAHA it was very very funny.....a lot of this weekend brought back memories....i love it. and i believe i've just realized how much im going to miss my family when i leave for idaho in exactly 7 weeks....kinda scary....but im excited....anyways time for bed cause guess what......I have to work tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Aww michelle!! You and your family are so cute! I miss your dad! He is so funny! I am glad you are realizing how much you will miss your family before you leave...cuz I promise if you didn't you would once you got out to Idaho all alone. I miss my whole family every single day and wish I could spend more time with them. So have an amazing last 7 weeks with your FAMILY...cuz you will miss your family 794579869 times more than your friends, I promise. :)