Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July weekend....

So I, like many others, enjoy our 4th of July weekend with family....too bad almost all of them live in NYC. But this past weekend was filled with mixed emotions....We got to spend a lot of our weekend having friends over for dinner and such which was a lot of fun! Bro. Cobian....a guyu in our ward told us stories about being a sniper and such and they were just so cool! everyone was so entertained! Then I find out on Saturday that one of my friend's mom had passed away that morning...what a shock it was for all of us, it was an unexpected, unfortunate accident. I could only imagine how hard it would be to lose a parent at such a young age. It was hard enough when I lost my grandma unexpectedly about 2 years ago...so the wake is this Thursday and the funeral is Friday. Sadly, I cannot attend the funeral because of my 8 1/2 hour work shift all day Friday but I'm just glad that I can be there to give him support at the wake Thursday night. Thank goodness the boy has religion in his life, because of that he seems to be holding up pretty well, but of course it is hard, but we all know that his mom is in a better place now. So there's my weekend! But something funny did happen today.....so we were watching Jumper this morning and sitting in our living room when all of a sudden we hear a bang on our window!!! haha!!!! a BIRD flew into our window and we saw it fall....I havent gone to see if he died or not....but I hope not!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds like you had a weekend full of unexpected and enjoyable events!! How fun! Wish we could have been there!